Monday, September 17, 2012

Road Trip/Day 4 - July 24th - Early morning run in Omaha, NE

I woke up in Omaha at 3 a.m.  I couldn't sleep so I went for a run in the dark.  I was very nervous as I had no idea where I was going, being led only by the directions on a note card I carried in my hand, but could not see.  I ran into another crazy early morning runner that kindly led me to the Omaha running path.  I found out that morning that the coolest thing about Omaha is. . . lots of places to hide while going potty.
Behind hay bales.

Beside rivers.

Under bridges.

Beside John Deere tractors.

In fact, I got so sick during this run that I ran out of toilet paper.  Shoe supply . . . empty.

What should I do?!  I could use some corn husks.  People used to use leaves to wipe, right?!

Luckily, I found relief at a porta potty, conveniently located beside the corn fields.  I reloaded my shoes with toilet paper and continued home. . . or at least back to Cousin Susan's home.
I found Nyah at the house playing with one of Susan's cats,  knowing nothing of her crazy mother's morning activities in the fields and trails of Omaha, Nebraska.

No comments: