Thursday, October 6, 2011
If someone asked me to list the Seven Wonders of the World, I don't think I could do it. I know The Great Pyramid is one . . . but after that . . .?
Well, the other day, I was in the middle of my Thursday Taxi Service. On Tuesdays, I start driving the kids to their various activities at 3:15 p.m. and don't get done until 8:30 p.m. Just when I was starting to feel a bit frazzled, Ian, who was sitting beside me in the front passenger seat asked, "Mom, do you know what one of the Seven Wonders of the World should be?"
I think I probably responded, "What, Ian?!" through gritted teeth.
He answered very sweetly, "Moms."
OK. Being a mom. Totally worth it!
This picture is for all of my family members in California, Arizona, Texas, Indiana, Oklahoma and Ohio. We love you! Don't you want to come visit?!
I had a thorough food allergy blood test done a couple of weeks ago to see why my body is such a wreck. My results are back. I am now not only a "Silly Yak", but am allergic to the following foods as well:
Oranges, white rice, corn sugar, corn syrup, turkey, alfalfa, and cayenne pepper!
Let me tell you what this means for me:
1) For breakfast everyday I eat Cinnamon Chex. It is made with white rice. I can no longer eat breakfast!
2) For lunch everyday I eat a turkey sandwich on gluten free bread. I am allergic to both the turkey and the bread which is made with white rice. I can no longer eat lunch.
3) For a snack, I love to have Cool Ranch Doritos. They have corn syrup solids in them. I can no longer have a snack.
4) For dinner most days, I have chicken over white rice. I can no longer eat the rice.
5) For dessert, I love to have a Snickers bar. Gluten free. I looked at the package yesterday. Snickers contain corn syrup. I can no longer have dessert.
6) The worst news of all, I can no longer sprinkle cayenne pepper over my food. (that was a joke!)
Basically, my life, as I know it, is over. For six months I have to rid my diet of all of the "allergy" foods. Hopefully, my face will clear up, my immune system will get stronger, and my potty problems will be a thing of the past. Only problem . . . I have NO IDEA what I am going to eat. Here's what my eating plan is for today:
This morning I had cheesy eggs for breakfast. I was gagging. I hate eggs.
I have an exciting lunch planned. Apples dipped in peanut butter and a protein shake.
I have an even more exciting dinner planned. Ham and cheese wrapped in lettuce.
This is going to be fun!!
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Rode up on the bus at 4:45 a.m. We were all wide awake anticipating the wonderful 26.2 miles which lay ahead of us.
Jill and I each set a world record for stop, drop, and wipe at Mile #17. We were lucky and didn't get kicked off the course for indecent exposure. I think I yelled, "Go, go, go!" while my pants were down. Not sure who I was talking to! Is there a closer way to bond as friends?! You are awesome, Jill!
It was so fun running with Christina! She had the best GU for the race: peanut M&Ms. I'm totally copying her next time!
2 of the original "Angels"! I am so lucky to have Marisa as a friend!
Me and my #1 Fan: My Dad! He drove me all the way home after the race. It was so fun spending the weekend with him in St. George!
I decided to try something new after the race: eat a bag of Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. Totally calmed my stomach. Delivered to me by my dad!
When I saw my dad at the finish line he said, "Vanessa, you just got your PR!" This is me saying, "Who me?!" I was shocked! 3:25:10.