Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Potluck Picnic

The other day, all of the kids were playing in the front yard with their friends. Nyah came up to me and said, "Mom, can we all have a picnic?"

I knew I didn't have anything "fun" for lunch so I said, "No, not today, Nyah."

Well, one of Nyah's friends came up with an ingenious plan. She got up her courage and asked, "Sister Heber, could we have a picnic if we each bring something to share?" What a fabulous idea. And . . . the kids ate like kings!!

3 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

That was a good idea! And wow they did eat well. This picture sure makes me smile. What good friends we have on our street!

Unknown said...

That was a great idea... I hate feeding all the neighbors. :) It seems like as soon as I go to the store they all come over and clean out my cupboards.

The Heaton's said...

That was a great idea! The girls loved it and had so much fun! Thanks for letting them land in your front yard! I agree we are so lucky to have such great friends that live so close!