Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cousins. Friends. Bullies? Enemies?

Buddies!

Not Buddies!

Carson's cousin, Eli, came to town for a 3 week visit from Indiana. Both Carson and Eli had been looking forward to it for months.

During the 1st week of the vacation, the boys were best buddies. They were inseparable.

Then small spats began.

Then the "bully" game started. One boy would punch another one and have him pinned to the ground. The game always ended in tears.

I had many long talks with Carson about not hitting. "If Eli hits you, don't hit him back. Just come tell me and the moms will take care of it!" I thought our talks had solved the problem.

The next day, Nyah ran inside and said, "Carson and Eli are fighting! They are hitting each other!"

I went outside to talk to the boys. Carson instantly said, "Eli hit me first!"

"Well, why did you hit him back? We talked about this. What are you supposed to do if someone hits you, Carson?"

"Come tell you, Mom," Carson said glumly.

"Well, if you know that, why did you hit him back?"

"SATAN TOLD ME TO DO IT!" Carson replied, with a very serious look on his face.

Well, what do you say to that. End of conversation.

Hopefully, I won't walk by Carson's room anytime soon and hear him talking to someone with an evil sounding voice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! As you know, I have a Carson too... but I think mine is naughtier. I couple of years ago we were having a hard time with him and basically were having this same conversation with him and his response was "Mom, the bad voices in my brain are louder than the nice voices." Gotta love 'em.