Thursday, June 24, 2010
What word would you use to describe this race?
1) Pay $80/person
2) Decorate your car.
3) Meet at friend's house at 4:30 in the morning with a bag of clothes/food which is supposed to last you 36 hours.
4) Fill up an SUV with 6 women and 2 men.
5) Drive to Logan where you are told to wear safety vests and headlamps. Get a "free" shirt.
6) Cheer as your friends run down road after road.
7) Cry when it is your turn to run.
8) Take a 5 hour energy shot before it is your turn to run.
9) Follow runners in your car. On a normal day this would be called "stalking," but here it is normal to follow a person a few yards behind, hop out with an orange flag to cross the street and give them water, and even spray them off with a water gun.
10) Decorate your car with Christmas lights in the middle of the night.
11) Yell, "Hold it in, Vanessa. Don't go in your pants," as you run down the road at 1 a.m. with no Honey Bucket in sight.
12) Get excited to use a Honey Bucket every hour on the hour.
13) Ingest 3 Anti-Diahrreal Pills within a 6 hour period.
14) Regret taking the pills a few hours later.
15) Miss crossing the finish line with your final runner because of a traffic jam.
So, what do you think? Does the word "CRAZY" come to mind?
Here are a few more images to help you picture the insanity . . .
Team decorating the car.
Before the race. Still feeling fresh.
My first leg. The insanity begins.
Uh. Oh. Potty stop.
Taking pictures of each other taking pictures. Starting to lose it?!
Impersonating pole dancers. Really losing it?
Middle of the night. Car decorated with Christmas lights. Just finished 2nd 5 hour energy shot. Completely wired. Normal?!
In the middle of my last leg. So tired and hot I can't even move. Standing still being shot by a water gun. 3rd 5 hour energy shot did not work. I think my body has a limit on how much caffeine it can absorb. Seems pretty normal!
Helping each other walk up a mountain in the middle of the day. Running on no sleep and no food. Thirsty but all of our water is warm. Loving life.
Together at the end. We are all smiling on the outside. Our two wonderful drivers are wondering why they signed up for this. They were amazing. We all made a pinky promise never to do this to ourselves again!
**On the way home, I had 2nd thoughts. Why didn't we want to do this again? I couldn't remember?