Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trip to Idaho





Saturday, September 6th-Sunday, September 7th


We just got back from a quick trip to Jerome, Idaho to visit Grandma LaRue. The kids were overjoyed that it was only a 4 hour drive (after our drive to Houston, Texas this summer, it seemed like a walk in the park!). When we arrived at 1 p.m., I was starving! I hadn't eaten much for breakfast, and the pretzels in the car hadn't curbed my appetite. When you walk into someone's house (even a relative) the polite thing to say isn't, "Do you have any food?" so I was overjoyed to see homemade chicken noodle soup on the stove and homemade rolls just coming out of the oven! What could be more perfect?


Grandma took us to a Reptile Show at the college where the kids got to hold snakes. Cali wouldn't get near them, but everyone else took a turn!


We went to Aunt Sonja's and Uncle Marty's house where the kids got to feed the horses, the dog, and the cat. They all want to move to a farm! I think the novelty would wear off after the first early morning of chores though.


We went to Chili's for dinner. Ian got an extra large portion of chili cheese fries. Luckily he didn't have to share a bed with anyone that night. Grandma let us sleep in her bed. Best night's sleep I've ever had! She has a Memory Foam on the top of the mattress. I thought I was in heaven.


The next morning at church, Carson was a little antsy during the service (as usual). When the bread was being passed around during the sacrament, I tried to distract him by saying, "Carson, do you know what the bread is supposed to remind you of during the sacrament?" He didn't answer at first so I said, "Jesus' body." I looked at him to see if he had been listening to me.


After another few seconds, he looked up at me and responded, "The bread reminds me that I'm hungry!" So much for a learning moment!


We had a great dinner after church (I was starving again since I'd fasted for breakfast!): roast, red potatoes, gravy, steamed veggies, salad, rolls, and chocolate chip cookies. I just can't make food like Grandma! We had a great visit!!

No comments: