Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nyah Gets Baptized!





Saturday, August 2, 2008
Nyah got baptized today. She was so nervous that she’d have to be “dunked” again because an appendage would sneak out of the water. However, after she got baptized, the first words out of her mouth were, “I want to do that again!”
She got baptized with her best friend, Elissa Prestwich, who came back to Spanish Fork to get baptized, and another friend and neighbor, Valerie Nelson. The girls all looked beautiful. They sang a trio of “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus.” I thought I’d be in a rubble of tears, but I couldn’t even cry because Nyah was just beaming from ear to ear. She is the happiest little girl.
One of the Primary counselors gave an awesome talk on baptism, and then Grandpa Markie gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and gave some great personal stories. After Nyah got confirmed, she told me it was a little bit too dark being in the middle of such a big circle of men. There were a lot of hands on her head. It was so nice to have so many friends and family there.
Since the baptism was at 9 a.m. we went to the Library Park afterwards with all our friends and family for “breakfast munchies”. We had bagels with cream cheese, muffins, donut holes, Shirley’s cinnamon rolls, juice and milk. The food was yummy, but the best part was, I didn’t have to clean my house!

No comments: