Tuesday, January 3, 2012

December 24th

Last day of the advent . . . whew! I'm exhausted.
Pack your suitcases back up! We are headed for our 2nd SECRET DESTINATION! (SAN DIEGO!!)

It WAS Saturday, so I went on my long run with my Taft running buddies, Sterling and John. After reaching the top of the hill that overlooks the city, we found lots of empty beer bottles, an empty box of Coors, and a beautiful sunrise. Here are some photo-ops at 6:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve.


When I got back, we loaded up the car and headed off to San Diego. It would've taken 5 hours to get there, but I once again INSISTED on something that may not have been such a smart idea. I thought that stores would probably close early on Christmas Eve, so we stopped in Los Angeles at a WalMart to stock up on groceries for our vacation rental house. I didn't want to be "foodless" on Christmas! It took Aaron and I an hour and a half to make our purchases, and when we got out to the car with them, we realized we had no room for the groceries! We piled the food on top of the children and the children on top of each other and continued the road trip. We got to San Diego about 5 p.m. The sun was already setting. We ran inside to tour the house, gave my brother, Caleb hugs, and headed out to a Christmas tree on the beach for a photo of Christmas Eve! Christmas in San Diego . . . you are FINALLY here!

No comments: