Friday, February 6, 2009

New Bathroom Cleaning Technique

Imagine my surprise when I walked into the boys' bathroom this afternoon, and found Ian cleaning the toilet stark naked. "What in the world is going on in here?!" I yelped.

"I'm just cleaning the toilet," Ian replied innocently, as he swished the toilet brush around inside the bowl.

"Why are you naked?" I asked, hoping there was a reasonable explanation for this strange phenomenom.

Ian answered calmly, "Mom, I was scrubbing the bathtub and I didn't want to get my clothes wet." He said it so matter of factly, like any mother in her right mind should realize this was perfectly normal behavior.

As I stared in utter disbelief at my 10-year-old's naked bum, Nyah walked by.

"Aaaaah! What are you doing in there, Ian?!!!! Where are your underwear?!"

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person in the family that was caught off guard by the naked bathroom cleaner.

Note to self: Ask Ian to lock himself in the next time he has bathroom cleaning duty.

Note to innocent readers: I thought about including a photo of the new bathroom cleaning technique, but decided against it. You can thank me later!

6 comments:

Annalyse said...

That is hilarious! Steve and I are both cracking up at your post. I love the way you write. You really are talented.

Our Family said...

So funny!!!

Memzy said...

Ian keeeeeels me!!! I'm totally gonna steal that Lucky Dice idea for one of my kids, mmmmkay?

BushlingX7 said...

Ian is so funny!! Thanks for the wonderful visual and post. I laughed so hard.

hollygolightly said...

Evidently, Ian was caught with his genes down. Hmmm.

The Heaton's said...

That totally made me laugh out loud! What a funny post! I can totally picture Ian saying it so calm and seriously. I think I will have to pass on trying the new cleaning tecknique:)