Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Jill, Marisa, Donna, Jeff, Clark and Vanessa . . . What a troop! We went down to St. George for a "Runner's Retreat"! We drove 4 hours, slept 3 hours, and ran a 1/2 marathon. What a vacation! :)
A few details about the race:
1) Got to starting line 20 minutes before start. No time for porta potty. Had to "go" outside. While squatting down, saw a man walking towards me. Looked up sheepishly and said, "I'm sorry." Awkward!
2) LOTS of downhill. Killer on the quads. My legs were sore before race ended.
3) Ran a race without headphones for first time. Got to listen to all the panting coming from my mouth. Very unattractive!
4) A miracle happened! 1st time I haven't had to stop for a "poo" during the race!
5) Saw 2 men on bus ride up with foil wrapped baked potatoes in their hands. Told me it was "pre-race" food. They didn't eat it on the bus. What was really inside that foil?
6) Finished the race in 1 hour 33 minutes and lots of seconds. I'm going to round down! :)
7) Peed on my sweatpants before the race. I am gross! I have terrible aim!
8) Found my red blanket after the race. I am a lucky girl!