Sunday, March 3, 2013

Remember These Moments

My sweet, talented brother-in-law, Matthew Reynolds, painted this picture of our house and family as a Christmas gift a few years ago.  If you look closely, you can see our four children building a snowman in the front yard, and Aaron and I standing in the front window watching.  This is how I have felt recently; I stand back and watch as our children grow up right before my eyes.
 Cali participated in a scholarship program called Distinguished Young Women last week.  She played Chopin's "Black Key Etude" for her talent.  She was also interviewed by a panel of five judges, performed an athletic routine, and had to answer a question on-stage in front of the audience about how service has affected her life.  She did beautifully in every aspect of the program.  She won a $500 scholarship for the service she has performed throughout her life.  We are so proud of her!
Our good friend, Lois came to cheer Cali on.
 Carol Sue and David drove all the way from California to see Cali perform.  They are such a great support system!
We celebrated Sunday with a cake from Grandma Joannie (and Cold Stone)!  The cake said it all:  "You rock, Cali!"
Later Sunday afternoon, we headed to the Springville Art Museum where Cali's photograph, "More than Meats the Eye" is now on display for the Utah All-State Art Competition.
When we arrived at Cali's photograph, we saw a small red sticker on it that said, "Sold!"  Wow!  What a great day!


Nyah is also growing up faster than we can believe.  We took her out on a date last night so we could have some two on one time with her.
She ordered the lemon chicken and garlic mashed potatoes at La Jolla Groves.  The restaurant is filled with fake lemon trees and lanterns.  It has wonderful ambience.
 Nyah is such a sweet twelve-year-old.  I need to cherish these moments! 
 I am usually not a fishy person, but I ordered the salmon.  I literally licked my plate clean.  Aaron and Nyah were mortified.
 I said multiple times during our date, "I am having such a great time!"  We need to take more moments like these with our children.  Each of them is changing and growing up so fast.  I need to cherish each and every moment.

2 comments:

Peanut M&Ms said...

Cali and Nyah are so beautiful! thanks for the shout-out to Matthew!! He needed a pick-me-up this week. He would love to do art full-time, I just wish we knew how to make a living doing it!! hope we can talk soon, love ya! <3

Peanut M&Ms said...

that was supposed to be a heart, haha!!!