Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Interview With the Tooth Fairy


After many tears and much wiggling, Nyah lost another tooth. She put the tooth in her tooth pillow and said, "I think I'm going to ask the tooth fairy to leave my tooth this time so I can show my friends at school tomorrow!"

Aaron's response was, "The tooth fairy will leave your tooth OR some money, but not both!"

"Well, I'm going to write her a note and ask her!" So, Nyah wrote the tooth fairy a letter with her request and also some questions for the fairy to answer. When I got home this morning, Nyah met me with a huge smile at the door. "Look what the tooth fairy left me!" It was $5, her tooth, and her note, which she proceeded to read aloud:

Dear Tooth Fairy,

I have some questions:

Q: Where do you live?
A: In an apartment in Santa Barbara, California

Q: What do you do with the teeth?
A: Glue them together to make big teeth to give to old beavers that lose their teeth.

Thanks!
P.S.
Q: Can you leave me my tooth?
A: Just this once. Those old beavers realy need their teeth replacements.

**Our children are definitely going to need therapy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I told Z the tooth fairy lives in the South Pole, and she uses the teeth to make dentures for grandmas. If he connects with C on the subject we are going to be in trouble! Do you think we should all coordinate the details so suspicions won't arise?

Michelle said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I just play dumb......."I don't know, I never figured it out!" Thankfully, they seem to accept it!

Our Family said...

Too funny - I love the answers! Just be careful of the handwriting. When I was about Nyah's age, I was wondering why the Tooth Fairy, Santa, Easter Bunny and my dad all had the same handwriting. I was then told the real reason why while my dad was laughing!!

Stina said...

That is hilarious! And, wow--the tooth fairy is very generous at your house! :)

homegirl said...

I love it! You are quick on your feet to think of such a great response!

bryan said...

Nyah's pierced ears look pretty sweet, I must admit.

Pat said...

$5!! What happened to a good old shiny quarter?