Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Thanksgiving Feast


Carson's kindergarten class held their Thanksgiving Feast today. They served warmed up turkey deli slices (nastiest thing I've ever heard of), mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. The teacher said, "You just have to try everything!" And guess what? The kids did! They tried a bit of everything and there was no complaining. I really need to enforce that rule at home.

While the kids were eating, the parent helpers walked around serving seconds. While we were serving the food, Carson piped up and said, "This is just like an ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT BUFFET!! Mrs. Hyer and the parents got a kick out of that one. The odd thing is, Carson has never eaten at an all-you-can-eat-buffet. He must have dreams of it though.

After observing the feast, I have decided to start a new tradition: who needs to mess with a giant 25 lb. bird? Warm deli turkey is the way to go!

1 comment:

Stina said...

Well that's it. From now on I'm warming up my deli meat before placing it on my sandwich. Sounds (gag) great!