Tuesday, August 13, 2013

24th of July

The 24th of July is a holiday here in Spanish Fork: a carnival comes to town, people save seats and lawn space the night before for the parade, and there is an annual 10K run called the Speedy Spaniard.    
I decided to run the Speedy Spaniard this year.  I huffed and puffed the whole way to the finish line and won some money for my effort.  I was shocked when the announcer said, " . . . and 2nd place for local women goes to Vanessa Heber."  I am so glad I am a local!  My kids were thrilled that I finally won some cash.
Carson ran up to me, hugged me, and screeched, "Oh, good, Mom!  Now we can buy some treats at the carnival!"  
We watched the parade and then purchased some fried foods with the money.  It was definitely easier to spend than it was to win!


No comments: