Sunday, July 7, 2013

June Times

After our trip to Yellowstone, I was looking forward to some rest and relaxation at home. This was not to be the case. First, Carson's soccer team played in the Fiesta Tournament . . . and won!









Next, I ran the Utah Valley Marathon. Thank goodness for my brother, Caleb! He met Marisa and me at Mile 16 with cold beverages and ran us in. He is AMAZING!




This picture is at Mile 26. I look happy and a little bit nuts. Unfortunately, .2 miles later when I crossed the finish line, I vomited all over an unsuspecting fellow racer who had also just finished. It was so embarrassing that I just kept on running. Caleb found some water for me to wash off with before my photos with Marisa.



If you look at my right hand you can see I am trying not to get throw up on my friend.

Next on the schedule . . . sewing lessons for Nyah. She finishes a new project each week. So far, she has made a pair of shorts, a sewing bag, and a shoulder bag.



Cali has been doing her own sewing projects. She buys clothes at thrift stores and alters them. She added eyelet to this dress.




Next up, Ian got 8 baby teeth pulled. He is almost 15 years old, so we thought it was about time. Here is a before picture:



Here is the after:



He has to eat with his front teeth, like a beaver! He says his throat hurts because he has to swallow his food whole.

Cali and Nyah played a duet together at their last recital. I was a little teary because it was Cali's last recital before college.





June has been full of fun! Can't wait to see what July brings.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the way you write, Ness! It makes me feel like I am right there with you guys. I remember when Ian was little we worried about him swallowing his spaghetti noodles whole, he should be in good practice:)