Wednesday, October 5, 2011

St. George Marathon 2011


Rode up on the bus at 4:45 a.m. We were all wide awake anticipating the wonderful 26.2 miles which lay ahead of us.

Jill and I each set a world record for stop, drop, and wipe at Mile #17. We were lucky and didn't get kicked off the course for indecent exposure. I think I yelled, "Go, go, go!" while my pants were down. Not sure who I was talking to! Is there a closer way to bond as friends?! You are awesome, Jill!

It was so fun running with Christina! She had the best GU for the race: peanut M&Ms. I'm totally copying her next time!

2 of the original "Angels"! I am so lucky to have Marisa as a friend!

Me and my #1 Fan: My Dad! He drove me all the way home after the race. It was so fun spending the weekend with him in St. George!

I decided to try something new after the race: eat a bag of Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. Totally calmed my stomach. Delivered to me by my dad!

When I saw my dad at the finish line he said, "Vanessa, you just got your PR!" This is me saying, "Who me?!" I was shocked! 3:25:10.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Way to go Ness! I am so proud to have such a speedy sister.