Thursday, October 6, 2011
I had a thorough food allergy blood test done a couple of weeks ago to see why my body is such a wreck. My results are back. I am now not only a "Silly Yak", but am allergic to the following foods as well:
Oranges, white rice, corn sugar, corn syrup, turkey, alfalfa, and cayenne pepper!
Let me tell you what this means for me:
1) For breakfast everyday I eat Cinnamon Chex. It is made with white rice. I can no longer eat breakfast!
2) For lunch everyday I eat a turkey sandwich on gluten free bread. I am allergic to both the turkey and the bread which is made with white rice. I can no longer eat lunch.
3) For a snack, I love to have Cool Ranch Doritos. They have corn syrup solids in them. I can no longer have a snack.
4) For dinner most days, I have chicken over white rice. I can no longer eat the rice.
5) For dessert, I love to have a Snickers bar. Gluten free. I looked at the package yesterday. Snickers contain corn syrup. I can no longer have dessert.
6) The worst news of all, I can no longer sprinkle cayenne pepper over my food. (that was a joke!)
Basically, my life, as I know it, is over. For six months I have to rid my diet of all of the "allergy" foods. Hopefully, my face will clear up, my immune system will get stronger, and my potty problems will be a thing of the past. Only problem . . . I have NO IDEA what I am going to eat. Here's what my eating plan is for today:
This morning I had cheesy eggs for breakfast. I was gagging. I hate eggs.
I have an exciting lunch planned. Apples dipped in peanut butter and a protein shake.
I have an even more exciting dinner planned. Ham and cheese wrapped in lettuce.
This is going to be fun!!