Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Definition of Hypochondriac? To be a hypochondriac is to be someone who is constantly thinking they are ill when they aren't.
There is a certain someone in my family who believes I fall under this definition. I'm not going to name any names . . . caleb . . .
I'm not sure what could possibly make him think I may be a hypochondriac. Just because I have felt ill since last April, with one symptom or another, couldn't possible mean I'm a hypochondriac . . . or does it?
Let's see if anyone can diagnose these symptoms: (I've paid lots of doctors to try and they have failed, so if you end up getting it right, I'll give you $20 -- that's what my copay is! :)
1) My stomach hurts every time I eat.
2) I have diarrhea repeatedly while I am running.
3) I cough heavily when I run.
4) I am exhausted climbing a small flight of stairs.
5) I have heart palpitations.
6) I have freezing cold feet and hands.
7) I feel dizzy quite often.
8) I crave potato chips all the time.
9) I crave ice all the time.
10) I run 2-3 minutes/mile slower now, and cannot make my legs go faster!
11) I need a tan!
Please contact me ASAP if you have any ideas about giving a name to these issues! Remember . . . if you can give me a proper diagnosis . . . you get $20!