Monday, March 22, 2010

It's All About the Food

We went on a little trip this weekend to Moab, Utah, TO GET SOME SNACKS and run a race. Notice my emphasis on the food. Throughout the entire race, my mind was preoccupied with WHAT FOOD PRODUCTS might be waiting for me at the finish line.

Aaron barely caught a picture of me running toward the finish line; he was probably thinking about the snacks too! (Notice that Aaron got no pictures of me crossing the finish line, but he did keep a close eye on me with his camera as I went on my search for food.)

Here I am right after the race -- excited to get some snacks!

Here I am on a serious search for THE SNACKS! You can see Carson in this picture rooting me on!

Here I am collecting the food: apple, cheesestick, chips, cinnamon chip rolls, chocolate candy bars . . . (all for the kids, of course!)

Here I am with some of the food, about to be arrested for gluttony!

Here I am with my entire family -- all with full, happy bellies!

We went on an AFTER RACE HIKE, looking for more food products. We happened upon a rock shaped like a hamburger. Here's a photo of Grandma Joannie holding the hamburger up.

Here's a picture of the kids breaking a hotdog in half.

After breaking the hotdog in half, Nyah accidentally got stuck inside! Luckily, she was saved by her siblings!

7 comments:

Memzy said...

I feel tired just looking at pictures of you running!

Stina said...

It is all about the food! How great were the choices? And, how was it to run a shorter distance race?

Unknown said...

Food is what makes me HAVE to run.. It's a textbook paradox!

Trisha said...

So is this because you're having withdrawals from eating more healthy lately? You guys deserve the treats! Especially you for working so hard.

I have a special place in my heart for Moab. It was an area I served in on my mission.

The Heaton's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Heaton's said...

LOVE Moab! Great pictures! You are awesome!

Lohra said...

Who knew the Chinese loved food as much as you do! Uh...I wouldn't suggest letting Google translate it for you.