Monday, March 30, 2009
Aaron bought himself an Amazon Kindle a couple of weeks ago. I was a teensy bit annoyed at how much time he was spending with Kindle, so I made fun of him every chance I could get. . . "Oh, look at you with your new little gadget." "How are you enjoying your new mini computer?" "What are you reading now? A Harlequin Romance?" I figured, if I bugged him enough about it, he'd eventually put it down so I could secretly check it out!
While Aaron was at work one day, I picked up his new toy and haven't put it down since. We even fight over who's going to read it in the evenings. Here are a few of the things I love about it:
1) It only weighes 10.2 ounces so you don't get shoulder cramps holding it up when you read in bed.
2) It is just over 1/3 of an inch thick, as thin as most magazines.
3) It holds over 1500 books -- I can get rid of my bookshelves.
4) It downloads your books in less than 60 seconds! No more trips to Orem to Barnes & Noble.
5) It comes in a nice plain leather bound cover so that no one knows you're not really reading "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens.
Thanks, Aaron, for buying yourself such a nice present. I'm sure enjoying it!!